Care+ Extender Management
Reading Time - 4 min
Why you should spend 4 minutes reading this:
Those best at developing physician extenders will win; most others will struggle.
In the long-run, your goal is to maximize the value a physician extender can generate.
Some of your extenders will be formally trained (PA's, nurses, etc.) others (scribes, workup techs) may rely on you to do the training.
Considering the higher turnover for several of these positions, training tools/systems will be critical in bringing new extenders up to speed.
In the end, you need to equip physicians to generate revenue above their cost to keep your clinics running. This is one of the core challenges for every business.
If you need support in developing robust and scalable training systems or building models to set up your physicians to be profitable, we can help.
High-level actions you can take based on this article:
1. Understand how physician extenders could be used optimally in your group
2. Develop a roadmap on how you will utilize extenders
3. Update patient workflows to incorporate extenders
4. Develop best-in-class training for your extenders
5. Develop extender management processes to improve retention and profitability
Keep Reading - Up Next: